Monshaugen & Van Huff, P.C. provides expert counseling on the sale or purchase of businesses that hold Texas liquor licenses. We’ve worked with hundreds of local, national, independent and corporate clients.
Common issues in this area of our practice include:
- Asset purchase vs. stock purchase counseling and transactions
- Texas Comptroller “no tax due” certifications, audits, and successor-in-interest tax audit and liability defense
- Assumption and transfer of liquor permits and licenses
- TABC change of corporate control documentation, filings, and approval
- TABC liquor license protest hearings
- Commercial liability and liquor tax indemnification agreements
- Management and concession agreements pending the issuance of new TABC liquor licenses or permits
- Criminal defense related to operating under a seller’s liquor license or permit without a written management or concession agreement
- Bills of sale, promissory notes, security agreements, and personal guarantees
- Corporate dissolution upon transfer of assets
- Commercial lease assignments and negotiations
- Trademark licensing and assignments
- Texas Secretary of State filings and compliance
- Sexually oriented business license assignments and transfers.